Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2016/09/21 22:25:14 UTC

Naming things

Hi,

we have a great many initiatives currently in flight. Fault tolerance
for IMRU, REEF on CoreCLR and REEF as a library are only a few that
come to mind. Which made me wonder: would it help to name things with
flashy project names? In terms of a naming scheme, I was wondering
whether the various reefs in the Great Barrier Reef can provide
inspiration?

WDYT?

Markus

RE: Naming things

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com>.
From project management perspective, people like to set mile stones and give names. It could be world famous city names, or something like Odyssey, or meaningful name that related to the nature of the work. It is good for presentation.

To our developers, we know what we are doing :).

Posted by Dhruv Mahajan <dh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mariia,

RE: Naming things

Posted by Mariia Mykhailova <ma...@microsoft.com>.