Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Carlos Tejo Alonso <ca...@fundacionctic.org> on 2008/09/30 09:43:18 UTC

Xdoc documentation

Hello,

I was reading about the intermediate language xdoc and I found that
there is no difference between all this web pages:
* document-v20
http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.dtdx.html
* howto-v20
http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/howto-v20.dtdx.html
* faq-v20
http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/faq-v20.dtdx.html

Would be like that or there is something wrong? If it is ok, what's the
reason to have the same content 3 times with different names?

Cheers,

Carlos Tejo Alonso
R&D and Innovation Department
CTIC Foundation [Asturias, Spain]
www.fundacionctic.org

Re: Xdoc documentation

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:

> > > I was reading about the intermediate language xdoc and I found that
> > > there is no difference between all this web pages:
> > > * document-v20
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.dtdx.html
> > > * howto-v20
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/howto-v20.dtdx.html
> > > * faq-v20
> > > http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/faq-v20.dtdx.html
> > >
> > > Would be like that or there is something wrong? If it is
> > ok, what's the
> > > reason to have the same content 3 times with different names?
> >
> > Look again. They are all different. It's true that the how to and faq
> > documents use most of the otehr dtd but they are different.
> > Look at the top level elements for a start.
>
> Thank Ross. I see the difference now. I sent the email it so quickly :-)
>
> BTW, in [1] the example talks about document-v13. Should it be updated
> to document-v20 ?

Yes, please send a patch. However it should ideally
be for the current version of docs, i.e. docs_0_90
We don't maintain the old docs.

-David

RE: Xdoc documentation

Posted by Carlos Tejo Alonso <ca...@fundacionctic.org>.
Hi,

Re: Xdoc documentation

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was reading about the intermediate language xdoc and I found that
> there is no difference between all this web pages:
> * document-v20
> http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.dtdx.html
> * howto-v20
> http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/howto-v20.dtdx.html
> * faq-v20
> http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/faq-v20.dtdx.html
>
> Would be like that or there is something wrong? If it is ok, what's the
> reason to have the same content 3 times with different names?

Look again. They are all different. It's true that the how to and faq
documents use most of the otehr dtd but they are different. Look at the
top level elements for a start.

Ross