Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thomas Börkel <tb...@ap-ag.com> on 2002/03/22 16:51:15 UTC

Proposed fix for interop problem with .NET client (null as parameter)

HI!

In another discussion ("Urgent interop problem with .NET if String parameter is null"), I detailed the problem with null parameters, if .NET is the client and Axis the server.

I have a fix for this problem (please find RPCProvider.java attached), but I'm not sure if this breaks output parameters, because I don't know anything about this. Someone should check this, before committing the patch.

The fix has Beta 1 as base.

.NET has also a problem, if Axis is the client and Axis sends xsi:nil="true" for null values. This results in "" in .NET, but this is a .NET bug (because W3C allows this), which I will report to Microsoft.

.NET as client has no problem with xsi:nil="true" as return value.

Regards,
Thomas