Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu> on 2007/01/24 04:45:54 UTC

output

Where does the output of an <xsl:message> in a stylesheet in cocoon go ?

I've looked in cocoon.log and all of the other log files I could find,
but no trace. I'ld like to use it for debugging, but I can't seem to
find a trace of it.

-- Steve Majewski / UVA Alderman Library

Re: output

Posted by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>.
On Jan 26, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Steven D. Majewski wrote:
>
>> I do testing/debugging on Mac OSX laptop:
>
> Me too :-)
>
>>   I put a distinctive string in my <xsl:message> and grepped all
>> thru the cocoon logs, the system and console logs and anywhere else
>> I could find. Does anyone know were to look on OSX ?
>
> It's just the stdout of the JVM.  How do you start Cocoon?  E.g.,
> if you do "cocoon.sh" in a shell window, the message will appear as
> output in that window.
>
> I was using <xsl:message> just yesterday to help debug a
> stylesheet.  I'm using Saxon, maybe that makes a difference... but
> I would be surprised.

I running cocoon as a webapp under tomcat.
( and I checked the tomcat logs too. But I didn't think to look
   at the terminal window from which I started tomcat. I usually
   have 3 or 4 windows open in different directories, so I'm sure
   I wasn't even aware of which one I started from. Maybe I'll try
again. )

-- Steve Majewski

Re: output

Posted by Mark Lundquist <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 26, 2007, at 9:26 AM, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

> I do testing/debugging on Mac OSX laptop:

Me too :-)

>   I put a distinctive string in my <xsl:message> and grepped all
> thru the cocoon logs, the system and console logs and anywhere else
> I could find. Does anyone know were to look on OSX ?

It's just the stdout of the JVM.  How do you start Cocoon?  E.g., if
you do "cocoon.sh" in a shell window, the message will appear as output
in that window.

I was using <xsl:message> just yesterday to help debug a stylesheet.
I'm using Saxon, maybe that makes a difference... but I would be
surprised.

cheers,
—ml—

Re: output

Posted by "Steven D. Majewski" <sd...@virginia.edu>.
I still haven't been able to find this.

I do testing/debugging on Mac OSX laptop:
   I put a distinctive string in my <xsl:message> and grepped all
thru the cocoon logs, the system and console logs and anywhere else
I could find. Does anyone know were to look on OSX ?

-- Steve.

Re: output

Posted by Thomas Markus <t....@proventis.net>.
Hi,