Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by johne <je...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/07 19:16:53 UTC

POM file problem with 1.0.4

In trying to work out the issue I was having in the other write, I noticed
that same database column names could cause a problem which was fixed in
1.0.4.  In trying to upgrade to 1.0.4, my maven project is failing due to
many pom file issues found at
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ojb/db-ojb/1.0.4/db-ojb-1.0.4.pom.

<dependency>
<groupId>hsqldb</groupId>
<artifactId>hsqldb</artifactId>
<version>1.8.0</version>
</dependency>

In looking at the web site, the versions are marked differently (i.e.
1.8.0.7) and the dependancy is not automatically pulled.  I was not able to
find the jdori dependancy there.

The repository the 1.0.4 pom file shows is:
file:///www/db.apache.org/builds/ojb/

But this does not work for me.  Perhaps it is expected to point to a
different repository?

Also failing:
<dependency>
<groupId>jdo</groupId>
<artifactId>jdori</artifactId>
<version>1.0.1</version>
</dependency>

John

-----
JohnE

http://www.jobbank.com jobbank.com

Re: POM file problem with 1.0.4

Posted by johne <je...@yahoo.com>.
Never mind on the HighLowSequence comment.  My Maven compile was pulling in
both 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 and 1.0.3 won.

-----

Re: POM file problem with 1.0.4

Posted by johne <je...@yahoo.com>.
Using the following got it to compile for me, but general users should not
have to do the excludes.

           <dependency>
                <groupId>ojb</groupId>
                <artifactId>db-ojb</artifactId>
                <version>1.0.4</version>
                <exclusions>
                    <exclusion>
                        <groupId>jdo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jdo</artifactId>
                    </exclusion>
                    <exclusion>
                        <groupId>jdo</groupId>
                        <artifactId>jdori</artifactId>
                    </exclusion>
                    <exclusion>
                        <groupId>hsqldb</groupId>
                        <artifactId>hsqldb</artifactId>
                    </exclusion>
                    <exclusion>
                        <groupId>xalan</groupId>
                        <artifactId>xalan</artifactId>
                    </exclusion>
                </exclusions>
            </dependency>

Likely there should be two different pom files.  One for doing the local
build and one for doing the external pull in.

Also In trying to get the new table for the HighLowSequence I followed the
link http://db.apache.org/ojb/repository_internal.xml.txt.   It holds a
value of "name" instead of "tableName" as it was in 1.0.3.   Had to switch
back to "tableName" to get the table to work.

-----