Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2014/03/04 23:24:05 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons DBCP 2.0 released

The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Commons DBCP 2.0.

The Apache Commons DBCP open source software library provides Database
Connection Pooling.

DBCP 2.x is based on Commons Pool 2 and provides increased performance,
JMX support as well as numerous other new features compared to DBCP 1.x.
Users upgrading to 2.x should be aware that the Java package name has
changed, as well as the Maven co-ordinates, since DBCP 2.x is not binary
compatible with DBCP 1.x. Users should also be aware that some
configuration options have been renamed (e.g. maxActive to maxTotal) to
align them with the new names used by Commons Pool 2.

Source and binary distributions are available for download from the
Apache Commons download site:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/download_dbcp.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available
at the above location when downloading the release.

Full details of all the changes in 2.0 can be found in the changelog:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/changes-report.html

For complete information on Commons DBCP, including instructions on how
to submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the
Apache Commons DBCP website:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/

Mark Thomas, on behalf of the Apache Commons community

RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons DBCP 2.0 released

Posted by "Kish, Robert" <Ro...@ncogroup.com>.
Well that was rude of my browser to do that to the page, and not any of
the others.

I'm sorry for the noise.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 26/03/2014 21:56, Kish, Robert wrote:
> Something is wrong with the link for DBCP's main page.

No, there is not.

> The link referenced in the release email (and at
> http://commons.apache.org/) refers to
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/. But this page is for
> version 1.4.

Again, no. That page is for 2.0. Maybe you have a stale cache entry
somewhere between you and the ASF?

> When I started clicking around the 1.4 page, I eventually figured out
> the real page should be
> http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/index.

Again, no. That page does not exist. Do you mean:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/index.html
which is the same as:
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-dbcp/

Mark

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

If nobody began on this, I think I will have a look next week

Jacques