Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vinod Patil <vi...@patni.com> on 2004/05/04 13:26:37 UTC

How to retrive the SOAPBody of response using a WSDL2Java client stub

Hi,

I have a webservice whose wsdl is attached. I am building client stubs using
the WSDL2Java tool.
I have a few questions regarding this

1) The binding in the WSDL has Document style but when the
XXXSoapBindingStub is generated the style is set to WRAPPED in the static
block as follows
    oper.setStyle(org.apache.axis.enum.Style.WRAPPED).

2) Also i invoke the service using clientStub.getLocationInfoXML((Object)
requestDoc ) (clientStub is of type XXXSoapBindingStub).
The method getLocationInfoXML has a signature "object
getLocationInfoXML(object)". I pass a dom object to it and the dom tree is
embedded in the SOAP request body.
Fine till here

Now i am getting the output of this invocation as a null object. But i can
see in tcpmon the SOAP request and response as per my requirements.
My question : How do i get the SOAPBody of the response in my class that
invokes this generated client stub?

Regards,
Vinod.

RE: How to retrive the SOAPBody of response using a WSDL2Java client stub

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Vinod,

Your WSDL conforms to the Wrapped convention (the input element name is the
same as the operation name), therefore WSDL2Java generates the client using
the Wrapped style. If you don't want it to generate Wrapped style, specify
the -W switch.

But if you want to pass DOM objects, you should use the Message style rather
than Document style, in which case you don't use WSDL2Java.

These "styles" are Axis styles rather than WSDL styles. WSDL styles (RPC and
Document) refer to the on-the-wire message structure. Axis styles (RPC,
Wrapped, Document, and Message) refer to the application programming model:

RPC: parameterized method invocation --> produces WSDL RPC/encoded
Wrapped: parameterized method invocation --> produces WSDL Document/Literal
Document: object method invocation --> produces WSDL Document/Literal
Message: DOM invocation --> produces WSDL Document/Literal

Regards,
Anne

[...]

   << File: getTrailerInfo.wsdl >>