Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jonathan Roberts <j_...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2004/02/13 08:21:05 UTC

synchronous

Hi.

Is it possible for the soap service to be asynchronous.

Regards

Jonathan

---------------------------------
BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save £80

Re: synchronous

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The current source (post-2.3.1) has the ability to do what WSDL 1.1 defined as a one-way call.  However, I do not think that is really what you want.  A one-way SOAP call means that a SOAP payload travels only in one direction.  The "standard" underlying transport is HTTP, which is by nature a request-response transport.  Thus, with one-way SOAP calls, the client sends an HTTP request that contains a SOAP payload, then receives an HTTP response with no SOAP payload.

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.
Posted by Jonathan Roberts <j_...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi.