Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com> on 2012/07/12 22:40:53 UTC

need someone to set up the Apache Flex Downloads page

Hey Apache Flex web site maintainers,

I need some help.  We need to start setting up the downloads page for Apache Flex similar to http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi.  Once the kits are pushed up to the Apache web site they will land in www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex (maps to   /www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex) on people.apache.org).

It looks like we can get put some text around the links to our kits like,  http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/apache//httpd/, or not, http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/apache//maven/.  This might be the place to highlight that even the binary kit isn't complete without the additional downloads.

Any one interested in taking this on, or at least getting a template set up so I just need to fill in the relevant information.

Carol

Re: need someone to set up the Apache Flex Downloads page

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Take a look at http://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/downloads.html

Note the use of closer.cgi - this helps select an appropriate mirror from the Apache Mirror network.

Take a look at https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#distribution-best-practice

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.