Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/02/16 02:01:03 UTC

Thanks from Apache Forrest

I started a new page so that we can explicitly
thank people and also to meet some requirements.

See http://forrest.apache.org/thanks.html

The section "Packaged software attribution" assists
with the requirements of certain software that we
package with our distribution. Actually the linked
list is the real attribution. The hyperlink helps
because some products request prominent attribution.

When the new ASF Licensing Policy is released soon
we may need to adjust how we do this. What we have
will suffice until then.

With the section "Supporting software attribution"
i am trying to not draw attention to one tool over
the others. That is difficult because the YourKit
people want us to place a small logo about the same
size as our "Forrest" logo. In the future, there
might be others.

If people have problems with any of this, then
please speak up ASAP.

-David