Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jubair Hasan <Ju...@bacs.co.uk> on 2002/12/23 14:12:09 UTC

tomcat + ssi for servlets

Hello
Im having trouble getting Tomcat to run servlets within .shtml files.
I did as instucted below (shown on http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/ssi-howto.html)

Rename $CATALINA_BASE/server/lib/servlets-ssi.renametojar to $CATALINA_BASE/server/lib/servlets-ssi.jar.
Remove the XML comments from around the SSI servlet and servlet-mapping configuration in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/web.xml.

This does not work.

in my shtml file I used

<SERVLET CODE=Menu2 CODEBASE=http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet > </servlet>

I placed my serlvet class in the same directory as the servlet class used as examples by tomcat when you install it.
I tried diffrent variations of the servlet tag. ie: <servlet code=servlet.menu2 codebase=http://localhost:8080/examples/> </servlet>

can you help??

Regards and thank in advance

Jubair

You can find us at www.bacs.co.uk

This communication is confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee only. You should
not disclose its contents to any other person.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender named above immediately.

BACS Limited, registered in England, No 1023742,
3 De Havilland Road, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 5QA

Re: tomcat + ssi for servlets

Posted by Sagara Wijetunga <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hello

>From where did u find <SERVLET> tag?...:) and how do u
know it works on Tomcat/SSI?

Pls, read the
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/ssi.html#basicssidirectives.

One way is:

<!--#include virtual="/yourwebapp/servlet/yourServlet"
-->

Sagara