Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by DevNull43 <de...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/03 23:37:16 UTC

FTP load test tools

I need to do some load testing, and currently I use lftp client on linux
doing a set of commands and log out, I start several threads from a
script with:

lftp -f client1 &
lftp -f client2 &
lftp -f client3 &
..
lftp -f clientN &

It works and I can detect several problems I'm working on, however would
like to know a better approach for load testing.

I have seen jscape has one but is pretty basic.
Also I tried to build a test plan with Jmeter but my clients do not log
off.

Before I build my own solution, does anybody know for a good tool for
stress / load test FTP?

Thanks.

Re: FTP load test tools

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM, DevNull43 <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Before I build my own solution, does anybody know for a good tool for
> stress / load test FTP?

I would also be interested in something like this. In my tests, I've
been using the commons-net FTP client, but that's requires a fair
amount of coding.

/niklas

Re: FTP load test tools

Posted by DevNull43 <de...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 20:48 -0300, Vinicius Carvalho wrote:
> Jmeter may be the solution for you:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-ftp-test-plan.html
>
> Regards

Yes as I said, already tried Jmeter, however besides login and put/get
files I don't see how to simulate site commands, change from folders
etc, and my biggest issue is I don't know how to log out!

Clients gets logged in without activity.

If you have a good test plan I would appreciate if you can share it.

Otherwise I need some better FTP load test tool.

Thanks ;)

Re: FTP load test tools

Posted by Vinicius Carvalho <vi...@sambatech.com.br>.