Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Red Daly <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/06 08:14:46 UTC

NodeJS library broken?

Dear thrift-dev,

I haven't had much luck running the NodeJS Thrift examples, I believe
because of a bug in the NodeJS library.  I started a tracker bug for this (
THRIFT-2168 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-2168>) but
thought I'd kick off a thread on the mailing list, too.

Perhaps somebody who uses the NodeJS implementation could comment on
whether it works or not?

My specific problem has been running the examples client.js and server.js
in lib/nodejs/examples.  The server sees the requests sent by the client,
but the client doesn't seem to read the responses.

Thanks for any comments.

- Red