Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Justin Bertram <jb...@redhat.com> on 2017/07/01 00:07:33 UTC

Re: Artemis v2.1 Spring MessageListener Netty StackOverflow

The issue seems isolated to Spring + Solaris at this point so I don't think
there's reason to change the dependency right now - especially since
there's a workaround (i.e. downgrading to 4.1.4).  That said, if we find
the issue isn't quite so isolated and/or the Netty developers are slow to
resolve the issue then we'd probably want to revisit this.

Justin

Posted by abhijith <to...@gmail.com>.
https://github.com/netty/netty/issues/6931

Re: Artemis v2.1 Spring MessageListener Netty StackOverflow

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Mind sharing the link where that was said? Just curious now.

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 1:27 PM, abhijith <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To close this loop, Netty guys suggested to increase stack size(Xss) instead
> of downgrading version.  Bumping stack size from 256K to 1024K worked and we
> don't see the error anymore.
>
> Thanks everyone for quick help

Clebert Suconic

Re: Artemis v2.1 Spring MessageListener Netty StackOverflow

Posted by Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com>.
Ignore you stated already this is tried. My apologies

Sent from my iPad

Posted by Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
If you have a way to replicate it... Norman was looking for a
replicator on that thread. He's usually responsive if it's easy to
replicate.. (him or other guys maintaining netty).

if you have an easy way to replicate.. don't be shy.. talk on the
netty issue Justin showed you.

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Justin Bertram <jb...@redhat.com> wrote:
> The issue seems isolated to Spring + Solaris at this point so I don't think
> there's reason to change the dependency right now - especially since
> there's a workaround (i.e. downgrading to 4.1.4).  That said, if we find
> the issue isn't quite so isolated and/or the Netty developers are slow to
> resolve the issue then we'd probably want to revisit this.
>

> Justin
>
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 4:58 PM, abhijith <to...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Justin...appreciate your quick help on this.  Looks like
>> v4.1.4.final
>> is working.  Will run some more tests and confirm next week.
>>
>> It is netty issue and I will raise a bug for them. But, since Artemis is
>> really dependent on this, should Artemis have netty 4.1.4.final dependency
>> instead of 4.1.9.final??
>>

>> --

Clebert Suconic