Posted to wss4j-dev@ws.apache.org by Hernan Bay Area <he...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/21 10:28:50 UTC

Multiple signatures, creating new keys

Hello,

I have been testing using multiple signatures in a
prototype SOAP service. So far, as specified by the
doc's, I can set the 1st username from the client app,
the 2nd username from the client WSDD, and everything
works fine.

A couple of questions on this issue:

1) Are there plans to include the ability to set
username #1 and #2 from the application? (Maybe by
defining a USER2 variable or similar?)

2) The way the WSDD is set up, all operations in the
SOAP service will require the same number of
signatures. We cannot have an operation A that
requires one signature and other operation B that
requires two signatures. Is that correct?

And a final question about creating keys on the fly:

3) Merlin loads the keystore once (at deployment time,
I assume?). New keys added to the keystore are not
seen by Merlin until the service is reloaded or Tomcat
restarted, is that right?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm trying to
figure out if I'll have to bite the bullet write my
own Merlin -- maybe DB-backed since I'm at it. The
source code for Merlin is quite clear, I guess it will
be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Hernan