Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Marcin Kasperski <Ma...@acn.waw.pl> on 2002/12/04 22:52:29 UTC

Re: References for modperl usage in financial institutions?

> Yes, please post your success stories here (...)

I am more than happy being now able to add the new nice
reference. Please, patch my English where necessary...

Polish internet bank named Inteligo (http://www.inteligo.pl) recently
migrated its transactional web service (the application used by the
bank clients to make different kinds of payment orders, check account
balances etc) from complicated Java-based solution to the modperl
application. The application implements web frontend to the business
services implemented by the main bank system and accessed via the bank
middleware. It is worth mentioning that the application constitute the
main access channel for the bank clients.

After a few days of productional use the application is perceived to
be much faster and lighter than the one previously used.

Two words of warning:
- inteligo 'informational' website (the pages visible under
  www.inteligo.pl) still use PHP and probably will continue to,
- don't treat this as easy 'perl is faster than Java' claim, there was
  a lot of design and programming work behind the new application...

Being a person who suggested using this technology and worked in a
core development team I can admit that modperl fulfilled myp
erformance expectations and allowed to develop complicated application
fairly quickly.

Thanks to all the people who developed this nice piece of software and
its documentation and to everyone who answered my and my colleagues
questions during the project.

PS If only someone had some idea how to solve the DSO/Tru64 problem...

Re: DSO/Tru64 (was Re: References for modperl usage in financial institutions?)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Marcin Kasperski wrote:
>>>PS If only someone had some idea how to solve the DSO/Tru64 problem...
>>
>>We really need to find people on these platforms (True64, AIX,
>>HP-UX, etc.) who can help to reproduce and resolve this kind of
>>probs. If you know of those willing to help please ask them to
>>subscribe on this list.
>

> I am using Tru64 - and if you have any suggestions of what to try, I
> will do it...

I wish it was that simple :( You really have to know the peculiarities
of the system to know why the behavior is different.

DSO/Tru64 (was Re: References for modperl usage in financial institutions?)

Posted by Marcin Kasperski <Ma...@acn.waw.pl>.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Marcin Kasperski wrote:
>>Yes, please post your success stories here (...)
>

> I am more than happy being now able to add the new nice
> reference. Please, patch my English where necessary...

Thanks a lot, Marcin. I've added your story (it'll appear online within
6 hours).

Chip, I've added www.redhat.com as well! Thank you too!