Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "semerau@hotmail.com" <se...@hotmail.com> on 2006/09/19 05:21:40 UTC

Rendering links from user input

Does anyone have a way to render links that a user inputs to show up as actual links when that user input is displayed on the screen?For example, if in a textarea I input http://www.cnn.com, and then I display what I entered on another page, how can I automatically have the html be <a href="http://www.cnn.com">http://www.cnn.com</a> ? Thanks
Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo!
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=7adb59de-a857-45ba-81cc-685ee3e858fe

Re: Rendering links from user input

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
semerau@hotmail.com wrote:
> Does anyone have a way to render links that a user inputs to show up as actual links when that user input is displayed on the screen?For example, if in a textarea I input http://www.cnn.com, and then I display what I entered on another page, how can I automatically have the html be <a href="http://www.cnn.com">http://www.cnn.com</a> ? Thanks

You can't have that automatically.
Either post-process the submitted text, adding the links and store it
afterwards,
or create a component (something like SmartInsert) that does this work
(on display) for you.

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer