Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Toke Eskildsen <te...@statsbiblioteket.dk> on 2015/02/05 10:19:30 UTC

Re: large amount of data cause performance problem

On Thu, 2015-02-05 at 04:00 +0100, Heeheeya wrote:
> i am recently puzzled by performance problem using lucene while the
> search result set is large. do you have any advice?

Without any information, how are we to help you?

Start by reading
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems

If that does not help, give us some information to work with: How large
is your index (byte size and document count), what hardware do you have,
how large is your JVM heap, how many documents do you request at a time,
what is a typical query?

- Toke Eskildsen, State and University Library, Denmark