Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ali Kassem <AK...@bdl.gov.lb> on 2006/04/03 13:06:54 UTC

Can't load server.xml

Hi,

I amusing tomcat 5.5.9 with fedora (linux), and I am using jdk 1.5.0_06

The CATALINA_HOME, JAVA_HOME are defined,

When I try to startup the tomcat as root user every thing is ok, it
start (with port 8080)

But when I create a new user with permissions to logs and work
directories, and try to startup the tomcat I get this message:

In Catalina.out

Apr 1, 2006 6:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load

WARNING: Can't load server.xml

Apr 1, 2006 6:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load

WARNING: Can't load server.xml

Apr 1, 2006 6:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 0 ms

        at
a:39)

        at
Impl.java:25)

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)

        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.await(Catalina.java:600)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:560)

        ... 6 more

Can any one help,

Thanks

Ali KASSEM

Project Leader - IT Dept.

Banque Du Liban

P.O.Box:11/5544 Beirut, Lebanon

Tel:961-1-750000 ext 4110

Fax:961-1-343316

Re: Can't load server.xml

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Ali Kassem wrote:
> I amusing tomcat 5.5.9 with fedora (linux), and I am using jdk 1.5.0_06
>
> The CATALINA_HOME, JAVA_HOME are defined,
>
> When I try to startup the tomcat as root user every thing is ok, it
> start (with port 8080)
>
> But when I create a new user with permissions to logs and work

How about permissions to the conf directory?

> directories, and try to startup the tomcat I get this message:
>
> In Catalina.out
>

> Apr 1, 2006 6:03:26 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>
> WARNING: Can't load server.xml
[...]

First thing I'd try is to log in as this new user and try to open server.xml
in an editor. If this doesn't work then you propably haven't got the
permissions entirely right.

Regards
  mks