Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2018/07/17 11:26:34 UTC

JDK 11 Early Access build 22 & JDK 12 Early Access b02 are available.

   Hi Robert ,

*JDK 11 is in Rampdown Phase one*

  * *The overall feature set is frozen. No further JEPs will be targeted
    to this release.*
  * *Rampdown Phase two is scheduled to start * *26th of July*

**JDK 11 EA build 22 , *****under both the GPL and Oracle EA licenses,
is now available at **http://jdk.java.net/11**. ***

  * Schedule, status & features
      o http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/11/
  * Release Notes:
      o http://jdk.java.net/11/release-notes

*FOSS fixes in recent builds.*

  * JBoss Netty (b17) - JDK-8203937 (b17)
  * JUnit5 & other Foss Projects (b22)  -JDK-8206355

**Notable changes in JDK 11 EA *build 22*

  * New Collection.toArray(IntFunction) Default Method (JDK-8060192
    <http://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8060192>)
  * Make some system properties effectively readonly (JDK-8066709
    <http://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8066709>)
  * Obsolete Support for Commercial Features (JDK-8202331
    <http://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202331>)
  * JFR start failure after AppCDS archive created with JFR
    StartFlightRecording (JDK-8203664
    <http://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8203664>)
  * Change to policy for the default set of modules resolved when
    compiling or running code on the class path (JDK-8197532
    <http://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8197532>)

*JDK 12 Early Access  Build 02 is available at **http://jdk.java.net/12/*

  * OpenJDK builds
      o These early-access, open-source builds are provided under the
        GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>.
  * Changes in this build are listed here
    <http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/log?revcount=10000&rev=reverse%28%22jdk-12%2B1%22%3A%3A%22jdk-12%2B2%22%29>

*The Quality Report for July 2018 is published **here
<https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/quality/Quality+Outreach+report+for+July+2018>*

  * With the new six months release , we now publish the Quality report
    every three months.
  * Thanks to all the FOSS Projects for logging bugs against the JDK 11
    EA Builds!

Rgds,Rory

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/11/

Re: JDK 11 Early Access build 22 & JDK 12 Early Access b02 are available.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Rory,

that's fine by me.
We should think of a dynamic part on our pages if Maven, maven plugins or
libraries are Java-n compatible, but that sounds easier than it is...

Robert

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Hi Robert,

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: JDK 11 Early Access build 22 & JDK 12 Early Access b02 are available.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Rory,

I see there's a list of tools frameworks that support the latest Java
version.
 From our point of view there has never been an issue to run Maven on the