Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Martin Kerrigan <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/04 11:15:02 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyRemote

I am working with An Apache Server (2.0.4.5). I have a question on the use
of ProxyRemote. If this is not the correct mailing alias to use, please let
me know.

I am attempting to forward all HTTP request from one proxy cache to another.
(This is part of a study on caching). Each proxy is functioning correctly on
its own. When I direct browser requests to them, they are being successfully
serviced. This leads me to believe that I have the proxy configuration and
set up completed correctly for each individual proxy server.

When I attempt to use ProxyRemote to redirect all requests from one to the
other, no behavior change is occurring. All requests are services as if no
ProxyRemote directive was in place in the configuration file. The relevant
configuration is at the bottom of the mail.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Closely related queries on this mailing listÂ’s archive
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=109474858416348&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=103784133317728&w=2

I found that Thomas C Knoeller posted the same/similar problem on another
mailing list but no response was provided (and no e-mail address) -
http://lugwash.org/linux-users/200007/0076.html

The relevant configuration is:

ProxyRequests on

#LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
CacheEnable disk /
CacheDirLength 3
CacheDirLevels 5
CacheMaxFileSize 1000000
CacheRoot e:/cacheroot
CacheSize 100000

#LoadModule mem_cache_module modules/mod_mem_cache.so
#CacheEnable mem /
MCacheSize 4096
MCacheMaxObjectCount 100
MCacheMinObjectSize 1