Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Robert Simonson <si...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/08/31 17:45:23 UTC

mod_rewrite & SCRIPT_URx envvars

This doesn't seem right...

    RewriteEngine Off
   <Directory /some/directory >
     RewriteEngine On
   </Directory>

If I serve something from this directory container, the SCRIPT_URx
environment
variables are not set because the main server config has the engine off.
Is this right?  It seems like we should be setting them for the context in
which the engine is turned on.

Rob Simonson
simo@us.ibm.com

If I serve something from this directory container, the SCRIPT_URx
environment
variables are not set because the main server config has the engine off.
Is this right?  It seems like we should be setting them for the context in
which the engine is turned on.

Rob Simonson
simo@us.ibm.com

That's a bug - iif your request is _really_ for a file in /some/directory
(or its subdirectories.)

If your request is for a proxy, or some other abstract entity, you may no
longer hit Directory/File sections.  E.g. proxy directives can no longer go
into a <Directory > block - they must appear in a <Proxy > block.

Bill