Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/06 03:10:07 UTC

3.1.0 Code Freeze Will Be Started From Feb 08

Hi all,

Thanks for pushing 3.1.0 forward! We finally got the last feature
(YARN-6592) merged to trunk by end of Jan. I just updated
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Roadmap.

As we discussed before, Code freeze date of 3.1.0 will be started at Feb 08
PST, by then only blockers/criticals can be committed to branch-3.1. I will
cut branch-3.1 for 3.1.0 release on Feb 08 PST and will update on dev lists.

I saw there're 10 blockers and 22 criticals targetted to 3.1.0 [1]. Among
them. there're 16 Hadoop Common issues, 2 MR issues, 6 HDFS issues and 8
YARN issues. Please take a look at these issues and let me know if anything
is risky to be finished by Feb 18 or needed to be moved out. I will review
these issues with assignees from today.

[1] project in (YARN, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND priority in (Blocker,
Critical) AND resolution = Unresolved AND "Target Version/s" = 3.1.0 ORDER
BY key ASC, priority DESC

Thanks,
Wangda Tan