Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Juan Alberto Cirez <ac...@hip2linux.com> on 2001/04/26 09:09:03 UTC

Silly question

Hello there. I got a silly question:
Why is it that some of my *.jsp pages and some servlets do not respond
sometimes. I make the request, but the browser just hangs. Sometimes
after a long while, I get a response. Other times, it just hangs. Only
when I hit the stop button on the browser and make the request again do
I get a response...
Why is this happening?

-Alberto-
Please reply to acirez@hip2linux.com

Re: Silly question

Posted by "John Clark L. Naldoza" <nj...@ntsp.nec.co.jp>.
In the case of the JSPs....  On the first execution, it is first translated
into a servlet, then compiled, executed and placed in sort of a cached
state..  So the first run of JSP are always slow..

With regards to Servlets, the slow response times could be attributed to
some wierd initialization parameters or some really slow IO function...

What type of web apps are you trying to execute?

Cheers,

John Clark