Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> on 2005/10/04 07:54:44 UTC

4.0-beta-10 unit test failing

Anyone tried to build from source lately?
When doing an ant install, i get this unit test failing:

    [junit] Testcase:
testComplete(org.apache.tapestry.enhance.TestEnhancedClassValidator):
Caused an ERROR
    [junit] null
    [junit] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tapestry.enhance.EnhancedClassValidatorImpl.validate(EnhancedClassValidatorImpl.java:51)
    [junit]     at
org.apache.tapestry.enhance.TestEnhancedClassValidator.testComplete(TestEnhancedClassValidator.java:61)
    [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
    [junit]     at
    [junit]     at

However, within eclipse the test passes... Any thoughts? I'm using
jdk1.5.0_03 on linux.

Also, is there a way to build the jars without running the tests?

Re: 4.0-beta-10 unit test failing

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I found that too and checked in the fix; get latest to see.

On 10/4/05, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> Anyone tried to build from source lately?
> When doing an ant install, i get this unit test failing:
>
>     [junit] Testcase:
> testComplete(org.apache.tapestry.enhance.TestEnhancedClassValidator):
> Caused an ERROR
>     [junit] null
>     [junit] java.lang.NullPointerException
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tapestry.enhance.EnhancedClassValidatorImpl.validate(EnhancedClassValidatorImpl.java:51)
>     [junit]     at
> org.apache.tapestry.enhance.TestEnhancedClassValidator.testComplete(TestEnhancedClassValidator.java:61)
>     [junit]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>     [junit]     at
>     [junit]     at
>
> However, within eclipse the test passes... Any thoughts? I'm using
> jdk1.5.0_03 on linux.
>
> Also, is there a way to build the jars without running the tests?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: 4.0-beta-10 unit test failing

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Use "ant -Dhivebuild.skip-tests=true"  that will not execute the tests
but do everything else.