Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by msdoremi <ms...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/05 15:34:23 UTC

Hello2 application error

Good afternoon,
I try to run the hello2 application , from ofbiz tutorial but it doesn't
loaded. I think my
files are exactly same as the documents that are demostrated on the hello2
example.
When I load on brower the "hello2" I get the error message:
"org.xml.sax.SAXParseExceptionpublicId: -//OFBiz//DTD OFBiz Screen
Widget//EN; lineNumber: 20; columnNumber: 2; The markup declarations
contained or pointed to by the document type declaration must be
well-formed."

the HellosScreens.xml has the code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
&lt;!DOCTYPE screens PUBLIC &quot;-//OFBiz//DTD OFBiz Screen
Widget//EN&quot; &quot;http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/widget-screen.xsd&quot;
&gt;

and the controller.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

    Second Hello World Site Configuration File
    Open For Business Project (c) 2005
    /error/error.jsp

The web.xml has no changes from the first example, hello1 (which was loaded
with no probs)
 Any idea??

Re: Hello2 application error

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.
Check HellosScreens.xml
I think that one is malformed as it contains "translated" XML syntax, e.g.
&lt; instead of <, &gt; instead of > etc.

If you can't identify and fix those issues with your HellosScreens.xml, you
should probably stand away from developing with OFBiz at this stage ... this
sounds arrogant, I know, but the hurdles will become much higher later ...

Regards

Carsten

2011/4/5 msdoremi <ms...@gmail.com>

> Good afternoon,
> I try to run the hello2 application , from ofbiz tutorial but it doesn't
> loaded. I think my
> files are exactly same as the documents that are demostrated on the hello2
> example.
> When I load on brower the "hello2" I get the error message:
> "org.xml.sax.SAXParseExceptionpublicId: -//OFBiz//DTD OFBiz Screen
> Widget//EN; lineNumber: 20; columnNumber: 2; The markup declarations
> contained or pointed to by the document type declaration must be
> well-formed."
>

> the HellosScreens.xml has the code:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> &lt;!DOCTYPE screens PUBLIC &quot;-//OFBiz//DTD OFBiz Screen
> Widget//EN&quot; &quot;http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/widget-screen.xsd&quot;
> &gt;

> and the controller.xml
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
>

>    Second Hello World Site Configuration File
>    Open For Business Project (c) 2005
>    /error/error.jsp

> The web.xml has no changes from the first example, hello1 (which was loaded
> with no probs)
>  Any idea??

Best

Carsten Schinzer