Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Boone <jm...@telocity.com> on 2002/02/08 01:24:33 UTC

JNI call fails from Catalina...Why?!

Hi!

I wrote a simple Java class that calls a native method via JNI. When I run the application from the command line, everything works fine. However, when I attempt to invoke the method via a SOAP service (Apache SOAP 2.2) that is running under Tomcat 4.0, it does not work and I don't know why!  The native library appears to load OK, but I don't really get any useful debug information when the request fails.  All I get is a SOAP exception from the server that lists the native method's name that I am calling, nothing else!  I also know that the SOAP message is correctly decoded and that I am calling the native method when it pukes.  Any ideas on what is wrong or how to debug this?  Thanks in advance.

Jim Boone