Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Doolittle, Todd" <TD...@searshc.com> on 2006/09/27 16:53:44 UTC

Axis 2 - Handling NULL (nillable) integers

I used wsdl2java to create a client based on wsdl from a non-java
service.  The wsdl specifies that one of the returned values is an
integer and is nillable like this...

<xsd:element name="dept" nillable="true" type="xsd:int" />

When the service returns a null/nill value it looks like this in the
SOAP body:

<fjs1:dept xsi:nil="true"/>

The client code throws a number format exception while processing
this...

Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
	at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown
Source)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertToInt(ConverterU
til.java:210)
	at
org.tempuri.POCStub$Item_type0$Factory.parse(POCStub.java:2149)
	at
org.tempuri.POCStub$Items_type1$Factory.parse(POCStub.java:1157)
	at
org.tempuri.POCStub$GetinfoResponse$Factory.parse(POCStub.java:1593)
	at org.tempuri.POCStub.fromOM(POCStub.java:2330)
	... 3 more
Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way to handle a nillable integer
from a wsdl2java generated client?

Re: Axis 2 - Handling NULL (nillable) integers

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
This is a bug. Please file a JIRA with your wsdl and soap request/response.

thanks,
dims