Posted to user@struts.apache.org by javaskater <py...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/22 19:25:26 UTC

Struts 1.3.10 integration with Tomcat 6.0

I downloaded the latest version of the struts 1.x serie (1.3.10) and wanted
to test the most simple exmaple proposed stuts-blank-1.3.10.war.
For that purpose I put the preceding war file in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps and
called $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.bat...Tomcat starts
When I call the corresponding url
(http://localhost:8080/struts-blank-1.3.10/) I get the following error:
 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagAttributeInfo.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;ZLjava/lang/String;ZZLjava/lang/String;ZZLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createAttribute(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:584)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createTagInfo(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:397)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.parseTLD(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:250)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:180)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:431)
Which library is missing (servlet-api.jar and jsp-api.jar are in the
$TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory)?
Do you know about version incompatibilities?

Thanks for your answer, I am really stuck