Posted to user@struts.apache.org by srinu salnki <sr...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 10:45:13 UTC

realtive path and absolute path

Hi

I am new to struts..pls.can u tell me this difference.

what is the difference b/w relative path and absolute path.

srinu

RE: relative path and absolute path

Posted by C N Davies <cn...@cndavies.com>.
Relative path is a path relative to the current directory, for instance if
you home directory was c:\temp and you wanted to use an absolute  path to
the "documents" subdirectory of c:\temp you would use c:\temp\documents, a
relative path would be "documents" assuming your current working directory
was already c"\temp  making an absolute path of c:\temp\documents.

Works similarly in http / ftp etc.

Chris

Posted by Stephen Turner <st...@MIT.EDU>.
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:59:38 -0400, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> (i dont know what a realtive path is)
> Martin Gainty

I think he spelt it like that to confuse bots...

Steve

RE: realtive path and absolute path

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by suhas kokal <ko...@yahoo.com>.