Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gerard Biemolt <gb...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/06 14:00:42 UTC

Usertransaction

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to create a transaction between a standalone
application and a web service. By starting a usertransaction in
the standalone app and bridging it to/with the web service.
However I'm unable to get use a transaction in the web service.
I took these steps:

- published a transactional webservice with apache axis on tomcat 5.5
- added to /conf/server.xml
  <Transaction name="UserTransaction" factory="
com.arjuna.mw.wst.UserTransactionFactory"/>
- added to /conf/context.xml
   <ResourceLink name="UserTransaction" global="UserTransaction" type="
com.arjuna.mw.wst.UserTransactionFactory"/>
- added the following lines to the code:
            ut = (UserTransaction) ctx.lookup("java:comp/UserTransaction");
which gives the javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name UserTransaction is
not bound in this Context

Am I missing some xml-statements somewhere?

thanks in advance,

Gerard