Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin Withnall <ke...@withnall.com> on 2003/06/11 10:19:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Conditional Authentication for a proxy

Im having an issue with proxy authentication. I can set it up fine and
it works however I want certain sites to not need authentication.

For example...

        <Proxy *e*>
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
        </Proxy>
        <Proxy *>
                Order deny,allow
                Deny from all
                Allow from 192.
                AuthType Basic
                AuthName "ILB internet access"
                AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/.userlist
                AuthGroupFile /etc/group
                require valid-user
        </Proxy>

I would like to be able to have any url's with an 'e' in them to not
require auth and all others require it.

This is to get around things like windows update that seems to not
handle authenticated proxys properly.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Kevin

--
Kevin Withnall  - B Comp Sci, Master CNE,  MCSE
ILB Computing Pty. Ltd. Phone: +61 2 42270000 Fax:+61 2 42270080