Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Jacob Tomaw <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/26 19:37:56 UTC

AsyncWeb jars incomplete

Hi,

When i package the jars from the trunk of async web I do not get all of the
classes.  For instance, in client only org.apache.asyncweb.client is
exported.  I was also expecting the classes from client in the package
org.apache.ahc to be jared up.

Before I dig into maven to understand why this is happening, I thought I
should ping the comunity to see waht is up and if anyone wkne about this
issue.

Jacob Tomaw
tfl:The Flatiron Life (http://tomaw.com)
Follow me on Twitter! (http://twitter.com/JacobTomaw)

Re: AsyncWeb jars incomplete

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Jeff Genender wrote:
> Ditto for me... glad to see folks making use of this.  I could help a
> bit too, but my bandwidth is also tight.
>
> Glad to see this come up again.
>
> Jeff

Hi guys,

The MINA 2.0 porting was done by Julien AFACS from the svn logs. It's
currently using 2.0.0-M3 version, so it must move to 2.0.0-M4.

I can do the move, it's quite easy, but my total ignorance of how
Asyncweb works will be a bit of a problem.

There are also some pending patches which would be interesting to inject.

he good point is that some people want to use AsyncWeb in a big scale,
and to some extend, if those people are more or less interested in
participating in the project, that would grow the number of committers
(of course, assuming that merit is ok, etc, all the ASF way stance...).

So, first, migrate AsyncWeb to 2.0.0-M4. Piece of cake. Let's do that !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: AsyncWeb jars incomplete

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Jacob Tomaw wrote:
> Was it the patch from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ASYNCWEB-25?

yes. I just marked the issue as resolved (forgot to do that lately)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: AsyncWeb jars incomplete

Posted by Jacob Tomaw <ja...@gmail.com>.
Was it the patch from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ASYNCWEB-25?

Thanks,
Jacob

Posted by Jacob Tomaw <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sangjin and Jeff,

Thanks for the info and background.

I will be sure to read up on the old threads you passed along.

We are currently using the 1.0 AHC in our production environment, but we
have other projects starting to use MINA 2.  This is motivating me to build
an AHC on MINA 2.  I want to commit any changes we need to make back to the
project and get it rolling again if we can.

Thanks,
Jacob

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@gmail.com>.
[...]

1.0 branch.  This is almost the original version that is based on 1.0, and I

Posted by Jacob Tomaw <ja...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel,

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Jacob Tomaw wrote:
> I see that this is happening because the client is not completely moved from
> the ahc structure to the asyncweb.client structure.  It is also not using
> the common codec.
>
> I am prepared to open jiras and create patches to clean this up.  However, I
> want to gauge the likelihood of these patches being integrated into the
> trunk.  I see several jiras with ptches attached and not further comment.
> Neither acceptance or rejection.

Hi Jacob,

it's just a matter to find people interested in improving AsyncWeb ! I
will have a look at the patches, and try to get them applied.  However,
I have a very shallow knowledge about AsyncWeb code base, so I'm afraid
it can break the server...

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny