Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mukesh Kumar Maniraj <mu...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/05 04:26:31 UTC

Axis version which supports SOAP with attachments

Hello,
Can any one please let me know, which version of axis supports SOAP with
attachments,
I am using axis 1.1 with activation1.0.1.jar and saaj-api.jar and I am
getting the
following AxisFault exception,
faultSubcode:
faultString: java.lang.RuntimeException: No support for attachments
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.lang.RuntimeException: No
support for attachments.

Greatly appreciate your help,
-Mukesh

Re: Axis version which supports SOAP with attachments

Posted by Tom Ziemer <t....@dkfz-heidelberg.de>.
Hi again.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that AFAIK, you need activation.jar and
mail.jar to get attachment support. If you have just started your
project, I'd suggest you take a look at MTOM (AXIS2), which is a better
way of sending attachments.

Regards,
Tom

Posted by Tom Ziemer <t....@dkfz-heidelberg.de>.
Hi,

I used 1.2.1, but it had a bug (2084) so I switched to the CVS Version
(1.3) which is working nicely.

Regards,
Tom