Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/05 22:54:17 UTC

Proposal: Stress tests submodule

Hi bigtop:

Are there any filesystem stress tests? I.e
-running 100 small mapreduce jobs

-recursively deleting and recreating a directory multiple times from different clients, concurrently.

-attempting to streaming  io into the same file concurrently from different tasks

I don't believe so - as most smokes/ are mapreduce oriented which is very structured.

Proposal: a stress/ submodule under test-artifacts which does some of these iterative metadata intensive operations in filesystem agnostic way.

Re: Proposal: Stress tests submodule

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks roman ! https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1065 <--- ive
moved it to this jira thread.