Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Rengifo <jm...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/16 03:07:34 UTC

Problem configuring a global resource to be linked from Context elements ....

Hi all....

This is the third time I've write a message to the list asking for the
same issue, but didn't solve it, I am starting to think about this is
a really bug in Tomcat 5. My question is ... Why when I configure a
Resource inside the GlobalNamingResources element just to ResourceLink
it inside the context it just doesn't work, throwing an exception like
this ...

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver
class 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver'

This means to me that the oracle driver I am using is could no be
found, but then, why when I cut the Resource and paste it inside every
Context I use it just work fine???...

Please help.... How do I configure this global resource??

Here is how I am setting this up...

<GlobalNamingResources>

<Resource name="jdbc/app" auth="Container" scope="Shareable"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
     <ResourceParams name="jdbc/app">
         <parameter>
             <name>factory</name>