Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by "Glen Mazza (Talend)" <gm...@talend.com> on 2012/03/05 20:28:42 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] - Remove Camel 1.x only material from the wiki documentation

OK, with Camel 2.0 as the doc base I've been removing the Camel 1.x text and
changing text that says "Starting with Camel 2.0, we offer..." to "We
offer..." (still leaving that terminology for Camel >= 2.1).  Next, on our
components page (http://camel.apache.org/components.html)  I'll be removing
the three or four "Camel 1.x use this link" references which point to Camel
1-specific components, and (if I have the delete permissions) those Camel
1.x-only pages themselves.  This can be reverted should there be any
objections.

Re: [DISCUSS] - Remove Camel 1.x only material from the wiki documentation

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Christian

Sent from a mobile device

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 it makes sense.

Regards
JB

On 03/06/2012 08:59 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Glen Mazza (Talend)<gm...@talend.com>  wrote:
>> OK, with Camel 2.0 as the doc base I've been removing the Camel 1.x text and
>> changing text that says "Starting with Camel 2.0, we offer..." to "We
>> offer..." (still leaving that terminology for Camel>= 2.1).  Next, on our
>> components page (http://camel.apache.org/components.html)  I'll be removing
>> the three or four "Camel 1.x use this link" references which point to Camel
>> 1-specific components, and (if I have the delete permissions) those Camel
>> 1.x-only pages themselves.  This can be reverted should there be any
>> objections.
>>

> Yeah I think this is fine as 1.x is EOL for 1+ year now.
>

>> --

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [DISCUSS] - Remove Camel 1.x only material from the wiki documentation

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Glen Mazza (Talend) <gm...@talend.com> wrote:
> OK, with Camel 2.0 as the doc base I've been removing the Camel 1.x text and
> changing text that says "Starting with Camel 2.0, we offer..." to "We
> offer..." (still leaving that terminology for Camel >= 2.1).  Next, on our
> components page (http://camel.apache.org/components.html)  I'll be removing
> the three or four "Camel 1.x use this link" references which point to Camel
> 1-specific components, and (if I have the delete permissions) those Camel
> 1.x-only pages themselves.  This can be reverted should there be any
> objections.

Yeah I think this is fine as 1.x is EOL for 1+ year now.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com