Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sam Tregar <sa...@tregar.com> on 2007/01/30 20:02:32 UTC

ANNOUNCE: HTML::Template v2.9

CHANGES
    - New Feature: the force_untaint option makes sure you do not
      pass tainted values to param(). [Sven Neuhaus]

    - New Feature: Added ESCAPE="none" as a synonym for ESCAPE="0".
      Fixed both to work with default_escape. [cpan@punch.net]

    - Bug Fix: DEFAULT didn't work with URL and JS escaping.

    - Bug Fix: Long-standing bug where variables set in a loop weren't
      available inside inner loops under global_vars if the variable
      wasn't actually used in the outer loop.  (Thanks to Richard Fein
      for help debugging the fix.)

    - Doc Fix: Changed references to CVS in the docs to Subversion now
      that the switch is complete.

    - Test Fix: At long last, the work from the Phalanx project has
      been merged!  The tests are now more complete and easier to work
      on.  Thanks Phalanx guys!

DESCRIPTION

     This module attempts to make using HTML templates simple and
     natural. It extends standard HTML with a few new HTML-esque tags -
     <TMPL_VAR>, <TMPL_LOOP>, <TMPL_INCLUDE>, <TMPL_IF>, <TMPL_ELSE>
     and <TMPL_UNLESS>.  The file written with HTML and these new tags
     is called a template. It is usually saved separate from your
     script - possibly even created by someone else! Using this module
     you fill in the values for the variables, loops and branches
     declared in the template. This allows you to separate design - the
     HTML - from the data, which you generate in the Perl script.

     This module is licensed under the same license as Perl. See the
     LICENSE section of the docs for more details.

TUTORIAL

     If you're new to HTML::Template, I suggest you start with the
     introductory article available on the HTML::Template website:

        http://html-template.sourceforge.net

AVAILABILITY

     This module is available on SourceForge.  Download it at:

        http://html-template.sourceforge.net

     The module is also available on CPAN.  You can get it using
     CPAN.pm or go to:

        http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/S/SA/SAMTREGAR/

Re: ANNOUNCE: HTML::Template v2.9

Posted by Foo JH <jh...@extracktor.com>.
Just want to comment that I enjoy using HTML::Template. :)