Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alessandro Benedetti <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/02 12:58:26 UTC

[Schemaless mode] Solr admin - core schema exception

Hi guys, I think this is a very simple bug, but i didn't know where to
quickly post it :

In the schemaless mode, in the solr admin, if you select a Core and then
select the schema tab, a wild error will appear, because no schema.xml file
exists :

http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/admin/file?file=*null*
&contentType=text/xml;charset=utf-8

Simply running the example schemaless mode .
I suppose that analyzing the schema type mode, it will be possible to avoid
this error and show the real schema, as the schema browser does ( but is
still necessary the schema button when we have the schema browser ? )

Cheers
--
--------------------------

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

Re: [Schemaless mode] Solr admin - core schema exception

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alessandro,

I know I've seen this problem in the past, but I just tried it with Solr 4.5, and it works as expected - the URL shown in the Schema view is <http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/admin/file?file=managed-schema&contentType=text/xml;charset=utf-8> - notice that the file is not "null".

What version are you using?  What sequence of actions did you take (if any) before seeing the problem?

Steve