Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/02/01 19:00:16 UTC

Minipol in eCommerce

I had a new look at this. It's a problem with the FlexibleMapAccessor.
It interprets "answers.1040" as null. There are 2 solutions
* easy, but certainly not generic enough, put an underscore before each surveyQuestionId value
* change FlexibleMapAccessor to not interprets strings like "answers.1040" as null, resulting for if-empty tag to render a false result (empty, but it's not)

I remember having seen a discussion about such strings (Id beginning by a digit) but I did not find it.

Jacques

Re: Minipol in eCommerce

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
So we are back to my 1st solution
* easy, but certainly not generic enough, put an underscore before each surveyQuestionId value
isn'it ?

Or should we try to take specifically into account this problem for surveys ? I don't htink so finally...

That means also that people will have to take care with Id now : they can't begin by a digit, period. I guess most of us are already
well acquainted with that from our background...

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@hlmksw.com>

Re: Minipol in eCommerce

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Adrian,

My whole point was that the document does a fine job of explaining the
problem, which I summed up in my email... but says nothing about a
solution. In this reply you mentioned one option, which we can add in
this discussion to the 3 I already presented.

I think the problem is well understood, it's really not that complex,
the solutions are trickier.

-David

Re: Minipol in eCommerce

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.