Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2007/06/16 06:55:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: r547859 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/kernel/src/org/apache/axis2: engine/AxisServer.java transport/SimpleAxis2Server.java

Hi Deepal, all:

Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> hmm , what is the use of deploying a service to a server which is not
> running ?
>
> For me it is so obvious deploying service mean deploy the service to a
> running system.

I like dims' change, it seems like a good compromise.  There are
definitely times when you do not want to start the server until your
whole network of N services are all successfully deployed.  Having a
boolean parameter will make sure that people are aware of how they are
(implicitly or explicitly) starting/stopping the server, which I think
is entirely reasonable even for "easy" uses of multi-threaded server
code. :)

+1 also for spelling fixes and JavaDoc, and eventually a test case!

--Glen