Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org> on 2020/09/06 20:18:10 UTC

Re: Team page on Cordova website

Hi everyone,

I would like to bring this back up. I managed to get this built
automatically from markdown files, where every team member could
describe themselves if they like to. I really liked the introduction
part of the last hangout and this would basically be the written form.

I would really like to see this come to live. The reason is that as an
outsider I cannot get any information who the people behind this project
are. Like discussed there is information from Apache (which we link to
[1] on the contribute page) who is part of this PMC but it's just a list
of 99 names. The new page may become outdated but it gives users an idea
who some of the active committers are right now and how and why they
work on Cordova.

If we could add like 5 active committers with their bio why they work on
Cordova to the page I would consider this a huge win to show the project
is alive and committers are invested in Cordova for many different reasons.

Somehow related we could updated the tools and apps on the homepage. We
link Phonegap (discontinued), Ionic (old logo and service information),
Visual Studio (discontinued) etc. there.

Here is my PR: https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/pull/1063

Looking forward to feedback and reviews
Niklas

[1] http://home.apache.org/phonebook.html?unix=cordova

On 2020/04/03 06:30:05, "Niklas Merz" <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
 > Good ideas. Yes a manual list will probably be outdate quickly. The
interesting part for this team page is a bio/description who you are and
how you work on Cordova I think. Like if you are working with Cordova on
you side projectes or you are part of Company heavily invested in
Cordova. Stuff like that.

Posted by Tim Brust <ti...@sinnerschrader.com.INVALID>.
I'm +1 for this and would add my bio. I'll take a look at your PR this week.

Before merging, I think we should gather at least 5 volunteers who would
add their bio, too.

Best,
Tim

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 10:18 PM Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> how you work on Cordova I think. Like if you are working with Cordova on
> you side projectes or you are part of Company heavily invested in
> Cordova. Stuff like that.
> >
> > Maybe we should fetch a list of all committers from the official Apache
> sources and sort/enricht them with the recently most active commiters and
> possibly their bio/description.
> >
> > This definitly needs further ideas.
> >
> > April 2, 2020 10:39 PM, "Jan Piotrowski" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > There are existing tools that do what you suggest Raphael, mostly to
> > > put contributors into READMEs of projects but I am sure that could be
> > > abused to put it into a Markdown file that is included in the docs.
> > >
> > > Apache also has a site that lists all PMC members etc (that I think
> > > uses some AJAX + a JSON file), so one could probably easily build a
> > > tool on top of that to regularly update a list for example.

Tim Brust, Product Engineer

tim.brust@sinnerschrader.com
T +49 40 398855 315

SinnerSchrader Deutschland GmbH | SinnerSchrader Group
Völckersstraße 38, 22765 Hamburg, Germany

Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB-Nr. 63663
Geschäftsführer: Matthias Schrader (Sprecher),
Jürgen Alker, Dr. Axel Averdung, Holger Blank,
Thomas Dyckhoff, Dr. Lars Finke, Martin Gassner, Peggy Hutchinson

Büros: Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt a. M., München, Prag

https://www.sinnerschrader.com | NEXT AGENCY