Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> on 2010/07/04 02:24:55 UTC

Modal dialog with two forms on separate tabbed panels intermittently not working

We have an authentication modal window that contains a tabbed panel with
two tabs, each with their own form: one for log on and one for
registering. The user can switch between the tabs and proceed with the
one that is appropriate to them.

This works fine for most of the time however there is an intermittent
problem whereby it appears as though the normal transferring of field
data to the model does not occur - whether field values satisfy the
verification process or not.

The verification error message that displays indicates that wicket
thinks that all fields were left completely blank - when they were
filled in.

Anyone else seen this issue?

I can't work out steps to reproduce the problem reliably but it seems
more likely to occur if I toggle between the log on/sign up tabs a few
times before entering data and submitting one of the forms.

A couple of users have also complained that they can't log into our
application which would indicate that intermittently users are also
seeing the problem.

Happens on both FF 3.6.6 and IE 8

RE: Modal dialog with two forms on separate tabbed panels intermittently not working

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
I found something strange in my code where setMarkupId was being called
but I couldn't see a reason for it. I've removed that code and haven't
seen the problem occur since so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this
was the cause.

Regards,
Chris