Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dan Evans <de...@invores.com> on 2009/04/17 18:18:02 UTC

Load Failure on RequestUtill.dll

I tried installing mod_perl (2.03) on my Win XP Pro (SP3) system (using ppm and the theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca repository).  With perl58.dll and mod_perl.so added to http.conf, httpd (Apache 2.052) restarted correctly.  But, if either PerlModule ModPerl::PerlRun or PerlModule ModPerl::Registry was added to httpd.conf, httpd start would fail.

After much trial and error, it appeared that Apache2::RequestUtil would not load because the corresponding RequestUtil.dll load failed.  After looking at the imports in auto/Apache2/RequestUtil/RequestUtil.dll, it seemed that it tried to import the symbol modperl_pnotes which was not exported from the mod_perl.so downloaded by ppm.

The MD5 hash for the downloaded mod_perl.so is 6ac2e66ed1271dd89d484ea3b0b3b62f.

Was RequestUtil.dll built with a later version of mod_perl.so than is in the repository?  Has anyone else seen this problem?

Dan

Re: Load Failure on RequestUtill.dll

Posted by Dan Evans <de...@invores.com>.
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Dan Evans <de...@invores.com> wrote:
>> I tried installing mod_perl (2.03) on my Win XP Pro (SP3) system (using ppm
>> and the theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca repository).  With perl58.dll and mod_perl.so
>> added to http.conf, httpd (Apache 2.052) restarted correctly.  But, if
>> either PerlModule ModPerl::PerlRun or PerlModule ModPerl::Registry was added
>> to httpd.conf, httpd start would fail.
>>
>> After much trial and error, it appeared that Apache2::RequestUtil would not
>> load because the corresponding RequestUtil.dll load failed.  After looking
>> at the imports in auto/Apache2/RequestUtil/RequestUtil.dll, it seemed that
>> it tried to import the symbol modperl_pnotes which was not exported from the
>> mod_perl.so downloaded by ppm.
>>
>> The MD5 hash for the downloaded mod_perl.so is
>> 6ac2e66ed1271dd89d484ea3b0b3b62f.
>>
>> Was RequestUtil.dll built with a later version of mod_perl.so than is in the
>> repository?  Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> That MD5 has doesn't seem to match the corresponding one in our
> repository. Could you try uninstalling mod_perl through the ppm
> utility (as well as manually removing mod_perl.so), and then
> reinstalling it? For Apache/2.0, the ppm package in our repository is
> named mod_perl-2.0, so it should be installable via
>   C:\> ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/mod_perl-2.0.ppd
> Does that help with this problem?

Thanks for the suggestion.  That corrected the problem.  The MD5 hash for the newly downloaded mod_perl.so is 8bf6d79ce737b8e3ece9908cf87f961b.  Now if I could only figure out what stupid thing I managed to do to get the wrong mod_perl ???

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
best regards,
Randy