Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bernhard Huber <be...@a1.net> on 2002/07/03 01:12:46 UTC

Re: [doc] Call for doc contributors!

hi,
my reply is a bit late,
but i want to contribute some FAQs,
and want to suggest some "contributer-friendly" way to post
more FAQs.
Hence a suggestion to contribute FAQ
It might be easier for contributer to use this FAQ template:

<faq>
  <question>Your Question</question>
  <answer>
      Your answer...
      Your answer...
  </answer>
</faq>

Using the template might help new contributers to contribute at least a
question,
that some more experienced cocoon user might answer via the mailing list.
Of course patching, and adding need still to be done by some
contributers/commiters.

Some "real world" FAQ to give you an idea how to use the FAQ template,
you might notice that the last FAQ has a missing answer, can you answer it.

I hope this might help to contribute more FAQs.

bye bernhard

<faq>
  <question>How can I access a resource accessible via CLASSPATH?</question>
  <answer>
      You can you use Cocoon's protocol <code>resource://</code>. For
example you want
      to access a stylesheet stored in
<code>WEB-INF/classes/foo/bar.xsl</code>.
      You reference this resource via
<code>resource://foo/bar.xsl</code>. Thus
      in your xslt-transformer pipeline usage you write
      <source><![[CDATA[<map:tranform
src="resource://foo/bar.xsl"/>]]></source>
  </answer>
</faq>

<faq>
  <question>Where do I find Cocoon's log files?</question>
  <answer>
      Cocoon uses Avalon's Logkit for logging. The configuration of
      the logkit is defined in WEB-INF/logkit.xconf, by default.
      Configuring the logkit a context-parameter "context-root" is defined.
      You may use this context-parameter in the logkit configuration
      referencing it via <code>${context-root}</code>.
      If you deploy Cocoon in "directory exploded" mode "context-root"
      is set to the servlet context root.
      In case of deploying Cocoon as a war file, and depending on the
      servlet container, "context-root" is either set to the
      servlet-container choosen "directory exploded" location, or
      to the servlet-temporary directory.
  </answer>
</faq>

<faq>
  <question>How can I access Cocoon's log facility from an XSP
file?</question>
  <answer>
    Not answered, yet.
  </answer>