Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Robert Levas <rl...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/02/26 16:38:36 UTC

[VOTE] Remove Groovy Shell and Groovy Client Modules from Ambari

Team…

It appears that we have a few orphaned modules in the Ambari source code.  I am currently concerned with the following modules:
-  Groovy Shell (ambari-shell/ambari-groovy-shell) [last updated 9 months ago*]
-  Groovy Client (ambari-client/groovy_client) [last updated 2 years ago]
-  Python Shell (ambari-shell/ambari-python-shell) [last updated 4 years ago*]
-  Python Client (ambari-client/python_client)  [last updated 2 years ago]

*Note, there have been some recent updates to some of these modules, but I believe that the changes were not related to keeping the modules up-to-date,

Since these are basically orphaned and outdated, I propose to remove them from the source tree as of Ambari 2.6.2.

Please vote on this. I will keep the vote open until the end of the week to ensure the team gets a chance to review this.

  [ ] +1, Remove ambari-shell and ambari-client modules
  [ ] -1, Keep ambari-shell and ambari-client modules

Thanks,
Rob

Re: [VOTE] Remove Groovy Shell and Groovy Client Modules from Ambari

Posted by Dmitro Lysnichenko <dl...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 to remove

Posted by Balazs Bence Sari <bs...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for removal