Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2016/01/28 04:22:20 UTC

Future improvements for smoke tests

Guys,

I've been thinking that there is a number of improvements we can for our smoke
tests. A couple of things come to mind:
 - bigtop-tests:smoke-tests:test should perhaps run all subprojects:tests
   it could be easily achieved with
     test.dependsOn subprojects.test
   added to the bigtop-tests/smoke-tests/build.gradle
 - package smoke tests into some sort of self-sufficient container (for the
   lack of a better word) from which it could be ran without checking out the
   whole source tree of the project
 - more to come, but these are most obvious

Thoughts?
  Cos

Re: Future improvements for smoke tests

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
I think that's a good idea; might be nice to be able to flag test suites
that are known to have "integration issues" depending on cluster/host specs
so it's more of a report than a dependency.