Posted to users@airavata.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2015/03/24 18:18:27 UTC

Airavata Python SDK

Hi Kenneth,

As you have requested, we now have a straw man python client which connects to Airavata Server. Now we have the basic deployment and this client, lets walk through your usecases and beef this client up with some meaningful examples.

You can checkout the client at - https://github.com/apache/airavata <https://github.com/apache/airavata> and cd to airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/airavata-python-sdk/src/main/resources you will samples directory. The lib is essentially Airavata API (thrift generated) and configuration has connection properties.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email or jump onto Airavata HipChat instant messaging - https://www.hipchat.com/gkzJyHoot <https://www.hipchat.com/gkzJyHoot>

Cheers,
Suresh

Re: Airavata Python SDK

Posted by K Yoshimoto <ke...@sdsc.edu>.
I got my test script working with the 0.15 Airavata-remote,
with one exception.  No output is returned from the /bin/date
command:

cmd (/media/scigap/scigap/0.15/airavata/airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/airavata-python-sdk/src/main/resources/lib/apache/airavata/api/Airavata-remote -h gw111.iu.xsede.org:9930 validateExperiment 'dateexperiment_a51b9f4b-5e3d-4295-8cdb-c7dbc7c6ff51')
expout = (True
)
cmd (/media/scigap/scigap/0.15/airavata/airavata-api/airavata-client-sdks/airavata-python-sdk/src/main/resources/lib/apache/airavata/api/Airavata-remote -h gw111.iu.xsede.org:9930 launchExperiment 'dateexperiment_a51b9f4b-5e3d-4295-8cdb-c7dbc7c6ff51' runme)
expout = (None
)

Is there a way to tell what happened to the output?

Re: Airavata Python SDK

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Kenneth,