Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2003/02/28 21:30:46 UTC

Re: Problems using maven site:deploy

In message <6C...@AlmostHuman.com>, robert burre
ll donkin writes:
>AFAIK jakarta.apache is www.apache.org which is daedelus. IIRC brian asked
>that only people that really need daedelus accounts (eg release managers)
>apply for them (since the server is overstretched). if you don't have an
>account and you need the site redeployed, if you ask there's usually
>someone around with karma.

I just caught up on the thread although I may still be behind because
of the digest.  In any case, I was going to say what Robert just said.
The infrastructure committee would like to stop handing out daedalus
accounts for security and administrative reasons and eventually cut
them back to the absolute minimum after a more scalable/maintainable
system for doing this stuff is agreed upon (I believe SourceCast is the
leading candidate).  So if you need a project page update, just ask here
and someone will take care of it.

daniel

Re: Problems using maven site:deploy

Posted by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com>.
Sorry, this seems my fault.  I told Steve to go ahead and perform his
first commit and publish the site.  I was unaware of the limited
access to daedelus.  I also agree that there are plenty of people to
push the site out.

So I pushed out the commons/net site with Steve's commiter status.