Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com> on 2006/11/03 13:02:44 UTC

[incomplete-directories] Change to specification.

I just made some changes to

   http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/incomplete-directories/README.branch

to reflect the consensus we arrived at at the Summit, namely that we want
a depth that means "files only" and another one for "immediate children,
including subdirectory entries".  I've also gotten rid of numeric depth names,
in favor of easier-to-understand symbolic names.

You can see the diff in r22198, but it might be easier just to read the entire
document afresh.

I think these are sensible changes, but am happy to discuss them and revert
them if necessary, if they don't pass the dev@ test.  Please follow up with
any concerns.

-Karl

Re: [incomplete-directories] Change to specification.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
On 11/3/06, Giovanni Bajo <ra...@develer.com> wrote:
> If you grep for "depth:" you'll see you haven't completed the replacement...

Sily of me to not grep before, thanks.  I'm visiting family right now,
but if I can get a {Subversion,Branch Working Copy,Emacs} onto
this Windows box tomorrow, I'll fix it.  Otherwise, will do as soon
as I'm back at my regular computer.  Thanks!

Re: [incomplete-directories] Change to specification.

Posted by Giovanni Bajo <ra...@develer.com>.
Karl Fogel wrote:

> I just made some changes to
>

> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/incomplete-directories/README.branch
>
> to reflect the consensus we arrived at at the Summit, namely that we
> want
> a depth that means "files only" and another one for "immediate
> children, including subdirectory entries".  I've also gotten rid of
> numeric depth names, in favor of easier-to-understand symbolic names.

If you grep for "depth:" you'll see you haven't completed the replacement...

Giovanni Bajo